| The humanities folder in Dropbox |
I'm going to tell you a story.
Last June I was finished packing my room up on the last day of school, and I still had to hang around until 2:50. another member of team layoff and I were playing the imagine we got hired back to this school in this grade what would we get up to.
|
|
| Timeline with Biography Projects |
We proposed an idea for a graphic organizer to tie the two grade 8 teams together: a timeline out in the hallway that would start at one end of the grade 8 area and continue through the hallway to the end of the other grade 8 area covering the time period of the social studies curriculum. The two grade eight teams leaders decided to use Dropbox, as an alternative to the District's Staff Shared drive, to facilitate collaboration and sharing in our humanities course amongst all the grade eight teachers. It started out with our students biography project which we had planned to go with the time line graphic organizer.
|
|
| The door of my classroom |
The moral of the story? Collaboration is not only possible face to face. Being connected can enable us to continue deepen enhance our collaborations. And Dropbox helps my teams do this.




Cool concept, I love the timeline idea! I also love DropBox and have used it a lot this year. You get some free space if you invite others to share a folder.
ReplyDeleteDoni Gratton
LIBE 477B 951 Summer 2013
Thanks. I could not have done it without my collaborating colleagues. It is great to be able to bounce ideas off someone in person and then continues and refine the collaboration online.
ReplyDelete