Thursday, 4 July 2013

My Online Presence

I just started my seventh course in the teacher librarianship diploma program at UBC. I'm taking a special topics course this summer semester: LIBE 477B 951 (3.0): Media and Technologies in the School Library Program.

Yesterday we were asked to think about our "Online Social Presence". I have been accustomed to thinking the I don't have an online social presence because I never look at my Facebook and I'm not regularly involved another social media. However if we argue that having an online social presence is necessary in the modern educational setting I should attend to it, so I am starting this new blog independent of my coursework where I will blog about my thoughts on education, on school libraries, on books, and on my own practice.

Step one: setting up this blog!

In creating my list of 'other sites' I found content I have already created and made public. I've linked my Twitter account to this blog and listed this blog on my Twitter profile. I have googled myself. I found my Showme and some Prezis to which I have also linked. I also just got an email saying that someone had reprinted one of my pins on Pinterest.  There was more of me online than I had thought.

Now I need to look at what is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment